So, I mentioned in the TLC Review that I was going to have another post within the next few days. Well, that post is this. At the end of 2012, I made a list of things I wanted to see out of WWE in 2013 on my previous blog. So, considering the final PPV and final relevant Raw of 2013 has ended, I’m going to go over that list and see what came to fruition and what didn’t, then do a similar thing for 2014. And at the end I’m going to have a fantasy WM30 card.
So, let’s start with last year’s list:
1) CM Punk defeating The Rock at the Royal Rumble. The Rock doesn’t deserve to win the WWE Championship when he’s not around the company. He also should be losing matches to make the current stars more credible, and he should be losing to people not named John Cena. If he must win the title, I must request he NOT lose it to John Cena because there’s nothing Cena can do with the title ever again. Realistically since Punk/Rock is a normal match, Punk should get DQ’ed and lose the belt at Elimination Chamber.
Nope, WWE wasn’t smart enough to see this. The Rock won the title and lost it to John Cena. Where’s The Rock now? I haven’t even seen the WWE Championship since C.M. Punk lost it – has anyone seen it?
2) Put John Cena in the midcard, or turn him heel. Cena’s character must evolve. He hasn’t changed since 2006. The only way someone stays alive in WWE for so long is if their character evolves. His character must change or he must start putting over other talent for the good of the company’s future. He should not win a championship. He doesn’t need it, and he has no one to feud with over it besides the same old people.
This also did not happen, except that he did put over Daniel Bryan at SummerSlam. Whether he did that because he wanted to or because he was injured has yet to be seen.
3) Someone not named John Cena, Ryback, Sheamus, or Randy Orton should win the Royal Rumble. Preferably Daniel Bryan or Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler has MITB but they could make some kind of interesting story out of that, I’m sure.
Again, no. John Cena won the most predictable Royal Rumble with the worst final three ever.
4) CM Punk must be in the main event of WrestleMania 29. There’s simply no excuse for him not to be there. Rock/Cena II would be ridiculous. A Triple Threat makes a lot more sense.
Nope, Rock vs. Cena II happened and it was one of the worst WM Main events ever. The Rock should’ve just lost at WM28 so we didn’t need this match again.
5) Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar should not happen again. It was boring enough the first time.
Again, no. In fact, it happened twice more.
6) Dolph Ziggler must be World Champion as soon as possible. Big Show and Sheamus are not World Title material.
Well, it happened. Then Jack Swagger continued to try to stall Dolph’s career for the millionth time and gave him a concussion, leading to Dolph losing the belt back to Del Rio in a double turn which was basically a promise that he’d get it back. Instead of being intelligent, WWE didn’t give him the belt back at SummerSlam, and instead wasted time with Del Rio vs. RVD and Del Rio vs. Cena, and now there’s only one title as of last night. Meanwhile Dolph’s back to jobbing to nobodies because WWE is stupid and can’t accept the truth. What someone says in interviews should not effect four months of their career. Fuck this company, die in a fire.
7) Kofi Kingston and Cody Rhodes must win MITB. Kofi has been floundering around the midcard for years now, and after he loses the IC Title this time, I never want to see him with a midcard belt again. He either needs to move on up or leave. Cody just kind of disappeared after not winning MITB in July, because WWE was retarded and gave John Cena a briefcase. Dolph and Cody should’ve won them both. The Money in the Bank cases must both be able to be cashed in on either championship, as I don’t think either are quite ready for the WWE Title. It also adds some mystery to it, and you never know, one of the two could become ready for the WWE Title.
As far as Kofi is concerned, he did not win MITB. And now that there is only one title, we can expect this to never happen. He’s just going to continue doing the same thing every year and that will likely be his career. At this point I don’t know what’s left for him outside of having matches.
On the other hand, while Cody did not win MITB, the latter half of 2013 saw him get a lot more spotlight. He was close to winning MITB before his partner pushed him off the ladder. He had a short but good feud with Sandow, then was kayfabe fired after losing to Orton. The Rhodes Family vs. the Authority angle was great, and since then, Cody and Goldust’s Tag Title run has been great, and was a great follow-up to the Shield.
8) Rhodes Scholars must win the Tag Team Championship briefly before splitting up. They must also split up amicably. One must not end up turning face.
Oops. But, after seeing how things turned out, I’m fine that Cody turned face. On the other hand, Sandow has been completely mishandled since the team split up. He won MITB and cashed in and lost. That being said, I do have to wonder if they knew they were going to unify the titles at the time – if yes, Sandow wouldn’t have been involved, so it may have been a necessary evil. They need to do damage control on Sandow though.
9) Damien Sandow needs to win the Intercontinental Championship. So must Antonio Cesaro.
Nope on either case. I’m fine with Cesaro’s current role, though. And I just talked about Sandow.
10) The Usos must win the Tag Team Championship, preferably from Rhodes Scholars
Nope, but they got the closest they’ve come, have had great matches with the Shield, and actually get tv time. So that’s an improvement.
11) Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd must both win singles titles. They could win tag titles as well, but I want to see them with singles titles.
Tyson Kidd was injured most the year. He returned but he seems to have disappeared again. I think it was just to record something for Natalya on Total Divas which is retarded.
12) The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, Santino, Tensai, and Brodus Clay must be fired.
13) Ryback and Sheamus must be fixed to a point where I can watch them again.
14) The Shield must continue to be awesome. I don’t know what really to do with them as they aren’t about titles, so until the gimmick is over I’ve got nothing for them.
Finally something that they got right. The Shield has remained awesome the entire year, with perhaps a little bit of a dip in the middle of the year. All of them got titles, and they’ve had nothing but awesome match after awesome match.
15) Kassius Ohno must debut.
Oops, guess they really dropped the ball on this one. Instead of debuting him they released him. FAIL.
16) CM Punk must get main events, and must not fall into oblivion after losing the title.
Well, he didn’t get main events, but he didn’t fall into obscurity. After a month off, he returned, turned face, and has become one of the biggest stars in the company alongside Daniel Bryan
17) CM Punk must have a feud with Kofi Kingston. Considering they are good friends I want to see them against each other – I can’t recall a time where this has happened.
This didn’t happen, but Punk turned face so it wasn’t really possible.
18) Wade Barrett needs to get back to how good he was before he was injured. I think he’s starting to turn a corner again but he could still use some work. He should also win a singles title.
Wade Barrett has become completely irrelevant.
19) The Miz and Alberto Del Rio must become interesting.
Actually no. The Miz is still boring as hell, as well as Del Rio. ADR as a face didn’t suck in my opinion, but now he’s back to just being a complete bore.
20) Randy Orton must turn heel. I could probably get back on the bandwagon if he did.
Hey, he did! Too bad it didn’t really improve his character that much.
Alright, now I will list what I’d like to see from WWE in 2014. Some may repeat. I don’t necessarily have a list, I’m just going to come up with things as I go.
1) Daniel Bryan MUST win the Royal Rumble. (Or C.M. Punk)
2) Daniel Bryan MUST win the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 30. (Or C.M. Punk)
3) C.M. Punk must get back in the WWE Championship picture. Perhaps he can lose to Orton at the Rumble, the end up facing Bryan for the title at SummerSlam and winning it.
4) C.M. Punk must face either Triple H, Brock Lesnar, or if whatever’s going on right now is leading to Shawn Michaels returning (which I doubt), then Shawn Michaels, and win.
5) Cody Rhodes and Goldust must lose the titles to either the Wyatts or the Real Americans. (Read: Not Big Show and Rey Mysterio.)
6) After the Rhodes Dynasty is done as a team, Cody must continue to be relevant and move up the card. Potentially winning MITB if it remains a PPV.
7) Now that there is only one World Title, MITB should no longer have a PPV, and the match should return to WM. MITB Matches have only main evented a MITB PPV twice, and was only really warranted this year. If the signature match of a themed PPV only happens once and doesn’t main event, the PPV shouldn’t be called that. Elimination Chamber 2013 can attest to this.
8) SummerSlam needs to start being someone that isn’t Los Angeles. Especially with WM31 being in California, there is no ungodly reason that they should also get SummerSlam in the same state.
9) WWE must stop pretending that Big Show is a popular, legitimate main eventer. In reality he should be off tv and get busy retiring. We’ve seen him plenty.
10) The Shield MUST face the Wyatts at WM30 before they’re split up happens. It’ll be sad to see the Shield split up, but all things do run their course. I have no issue with them splitting up but it CANNOT be before this match takes place.
11) That being said, the Shield’s breakup must be handled well, and none of the three members should fall into obscurity. If they build it well, they could break up after WM30 – preferably they could split up Extreme Rules or whatever the June PPV would be. Maybe even June would be better. And it could build to a triple threat between them for the U.S. Title at SummerSlam, where Reigns can defeat Ambrose for the belt. (Or my personal preference, Rollins can defeat Ambrose for the belt.) But all three must go on to do good things.
12) The Wyatts should continue to be awesome. Preferably they should now go after Cena and defeat him, before moving on to the Shield at WM. I know I said win the belts off of the Rhodes, but that title change would probably be before WM30 and I’d prefer the Wyatts to take Cena down a peg instead. (Preferably the Rhodes would lose to the Real Americans.)
13) Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar must not happen at WM30. Why in the world would it?
14) John Cena should face Undertaker for the Streak. (And lose, duh. Or cheat to win and turn heel in doing so.)
15) A.J. Lee must retain her title until at least WM30, and depending on who she faces, she should potentially retain. She should face either Natalya, Kaitlyn, or if it’s possible, the best option is Lita.
16) Paige must debut. (And anyone from the NXT divas division, as I’ve heard it’s actually good unlike the WWE’s division, which is practically just A.J., Natalya, Summer Rae, and Kaitlyn. Layla sometimes, and Naomi would be ok if they can get rid of the Funkadactyls deal. The rest are completely irrelevant.
17) The Bella Twins, Santino, The Great Khali, and Hornswoggle must be fired.
18) The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Fandango, Ryback, and Sheamus must all fix their gimmicks somehow to the point where they’re watchable. Curtis Axel should probably do the same before he gets on the fired list. Brodus Clay is teetering on the fence, as he just turned heel and hopefully he becomes what he should’ve been all along. Tensai should probably do something too. Wade Barrett also needs fixing – potentially he could be put in the Real Americans.
19) Total Divas must be canceled. No one with a brain watches it, and no one wanted the Bella Twins to come back.
20) Anyone who makes fun of A.J. on commentary or calls her a “little girl” in the ring should be shot on sight. Not joking. She IS the Divas division after all. She has made that title worth something (kinda). She is the only thing truly worth watching. No one is to disrespect her. She is to be respected. (In other words, go fuck yourselves, Bella Twins. You know why you have jobs.)
21) John Cena’s character must evolve into something, yet again.
22) The Usos must finally win the tag team titles. After the year they had this year, there is no longer an excuse.
23) Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel must finally get tv time. They can remain a tag team and compete for the titles. The Prime Time Players must stop being a thing. Titus should probably be listed in the “Please fire” list, actually.
24) Dolph Ziggler must stop jobbing to random nobodies, and be built up over the course of the year to where a 2015 Rumble win would be conceivable.
25) Survivor Series must be in Chicago. You already fucked up and didn’t give us the Rumble. I expect both a Survivor Series and a Royal Rumble in Chicago in the near future.
26) When the Real Americans break up, Antonio Cesaro must remain relevant, and move up the card.
Alright, that’s all I can think of right now, and I think it’s a fairly good list. So now, I will leave you with a potential fantasy WM30 card. There’s only one match that would require a return that isn’t a guarantee.
WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
C.M. Punk vs. Triple H
John Cena vs. Undertaker
The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family
Cody Rhodes vs. Goldust
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow vs. Fandango vs. Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Ryback vs. Curtis Axel
WWE Intercontinental Championship
Big E. Langston (c) vs. Mark Henry
WWE World Tag Team Championship
(c) The Real Americans (c) vs. Big Show and Rey Mysterio vs. The Usos
WWE Divas Championship
A.J. Lee (c) vs. Lita
I’m trying to find a place for Brock Lesnar, but I can’t think of one that doesn’t involved Sheamus or Ryback which would be dumb. If he must be involved, then Lesnar vs. Sheamus, and replace Sheamus in the MITB match with Sin Cara.
Anyways, that’s all for my list.
#LaterMarks #ButImNotWrong #BelieveInTheShield #StraightEdgeMeansImBetterThanYou #FollowTheBuzzards #IAmTheEaterOfWorlds